With a strong focus on social responsibility, as well as learning and success, ACU is the place to experience the best of Australian life, both socially and academically. ACU is Australia’s only truly multi-state university with seven campuses in six cities. International students have the opportunity to study in Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and Ballarat. A degree with ACU provides opportunity to see Australia while gaining a world-class education.
Brisbane (QLD), Melbourne (VIC), Sydney (NSW), Canberra (ACT), Ballarat (VIC)
Faculties: Education and Arts, Health Sciences, Law and Business, Theology and Philosophy
Gain an education while giving back to the community. For a degree that can make a difference, join ACU.
With over 150 years of educational heritage, Australian Catholic University (ACU) is a publicly funded Australian institution offering students high quality and internationally recognised qualifications. A focus on community engagement and practical skill development ensures ACU graduates are ready to make a real difference in the world.
ACU’s culturally diverse population includes more than 30,000 students from over 98 countries. With well-established links – nationally and internationally – courses include practical work and community engagement opportunities designed to prepare students for employment and leadership positions in the global economy. The quality and strength of ACU’s academic programs along with dedicated teaching staff contribute to higher than average graduate employment rate – and to ACU being one of Australia’s fastest growing and most affordable universities.
Metropolitan South Institute of TAFE
ACU offers more than 170 high-quality, career-relevant undergraduate and postgraduate coursework degrees across a range of academic disciplines. Its English Language Centres and diploma pathway programs are university integrated and the research portfolio includes five University Research Institutes.
ACU has links to 130 universities and institutions across the world. This international focus offers students the opportunity to spend one or two semesters of their study program abroad as well as engage with other international experiences as part of their studies.
With comprehensive academic and social support services students have every opportunity to succeed in their studies.
Did you know…?
- Among ACU’s network of successful alumni is Ella Bache CEO Pippa Hallas, best-selling author Melina Marchetta, and the founder of Nudie Juice, James Ajaka.
- In 2010, ACU graduate Jean Madden was named Queensland Young Australian of the Year for inventing the ‘Street Swag’- a lightweight canvas sleeping bag designed to protect the homeless from the negative physical effects of sleeping on the streets.
Semester 1: February
Semester 2: July
Summer Program: ACU July School
Box Hill Institute
Southbank Institute of Technology
TAFE NSW Higher Education
Areas Of Study
ACU offers degree programs in four faculties across its Australian campuses.
Education & Arts
Arts | Creative Arts | Education/Teaching | Global Studies | International Development | Media Communication | Social Science | Visual Arts and Design
Applied Public Health | Clinical Counselling | Counselling | Environmental Science | Exercise/Sport Science | Health Administration | Nursing | Occupational Therapy | Physiotherapy | Psychology | Social Work | Speech Pathology
Law & Business
Accounting & Finance | Business Administration | Commerce | Human Resource Management | Information Technology | Law | Management (MBA) | Marketing
Theology & Philosophy
Philosophy | Theology
English Language Centres
English for Academic Purposes (EAP) – Direct Entry | English for the Workplace | General English | IELTS Preparation
Teaching and Research Specialisations/Strengths
- ACU has recently strengthened its research commitment by investing heavily in research and training programs within its seven research institutes, including The Mary MacKillop Institute for Health Research, The Learning Sciences Institute Australia and the Institute for Social Justice. A recent alliance with the University of Melbourne, St Vincent’s Hospital and the O’Brien Institute in establishing the Collaborative Research Networks Program (CRN), was undertaken to further the university’s research objectives.
- ACU has established the Institute for Advancing Community Engagement (IACE) to bring together ACU staff and students on community projects that produce positive outcomes for disadvantaged people in local, national and international communities. The program is an integral part of the university’s community-based approach to learning and is one of the five components of ACU’s Core Curriculum, aimed at providing an opportunity for students to experience their studies in action.
- The ACU Law degree is a high-quality educational program that aligns with the university’s mission to further social justice and community engagement by requiring students to undertake a minimum of 240 pro-bono work hours each year, which commences in their second year. Aimed at providing valuable firsthand legal experience, the pro-bono work requirement benefits students by allowing them to contribute to the community whilst gaining professional skills
- ACU is home to Australia’s largest Theology faculty. In a recent Excellence in Research (ERA) initiative, ACU’s research in the field of Religion and Religious Studies was rated as ‘above world standard’. Lead by highly respected and internationally recognised scholars, the faculty consists of three central research areas; Contemporary Catholic Thought, Early Christianity and the Philosophy of Religion and Philosophical Theology.
- All ACU campuses conveniently located close to public transport, with shuttle buses available at the Strathfield and Brisbane campuses
- Dedicated student support services including international student support, careers advice and guidance, counselling, academic skills support and disability services
- Wide range of social and sporting clubs available across all campuses
- Extensive print and online collections available at all ACU libraries
- Religious services available to students of all beliefs and include taking part in World Youth Day and talks by international speakers
Sydney: Fast Facts
|Where:||Capital city of New South Wales|
|Population:||Over 4.6 million|
|Weather:||Temperate climate with over 340 sunny days per year|
|Universities:||11 universities in NSW|
|NSW Attractions:||Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Blue Mountains|
|Best known for:||Over 70 stunning beaches, including Bondi and Manly Beach|
|Interesting Fact:||Sydney is the most popular city in the world for international students, beating more than 83 cities including London, Paris and New York, according to the 2014 Global Cities Index by global consultancy firm A.T Kearney|
Brisbane: Fast Facts
|Where:||Capital city of Queensland|
|Population:||Over 2 million|
|Weather:||Tropical – warm, sunny days|
|Universities:||Home to 7 universities|
|Brisbane Attractions:||Gold Coast, Great Barrier Reef, Sunshine Coast|
|Best known for:||A relaxed outdoor lifestyle|
|Interesting Fact:||Brisbane was name Australia’s ‘hippest’ city by Lonely Planet|
Canberra: Fast Facts
|Where:||Located in the Australian Capital Territory (A.C.T), within New South Wales|
|Weather:||Dry, with hot summers and cold winters|
|Universities:||5 universities in Canberra|
|Canberra Attractions:||National Gallery of Australia, Southern Highlands, Snowy Mountains|
|Best known for:||The home of the Australian Federal Parliament|
|Interesting Fact:||Canberra is commonly referred to as Australia’s ‘bush capital’ due to the city’s large amount of natural vegetation|
Melbourne: Fast Facts
|Where:||Capital city of Victoria|
|Population:||Over 4 million|
|Weather:||Four seasons in one day|
|Universities:||9 universities in Victoria|
|Victoria Attractions:||Great Ocean Road, Dandenong Ranges, Grampians National Park|
|Best known for:||Food, arts and music scene, sports, shopping|
|Interesting Fact:||Melbourne was named the 2nd most student-friendly city in the world according to the QS Best Student City Rankings of 2014|